Monday, June 13, 2011

Re-Focusing

This picture is of my sister Debbie. She has to be my biggest 'fan'... that is of course, except for my mother! Talk about cheering me on!!! They are both so supportive of my writing and of my writing ambitions! Everyone needs to have someone like them in their corner! And I can't forget Carole! That girl is amazing when it comes to being in my corner!!! Just cross me and see!!! She is so loyal and protective!

I have been thinking about my mind-set this past few weeks and have come to the conclusion that I have somewhat lost my focus! I'm so determinded to make something happen, not only for myself, but for someone else!!! I forget who is in control!!! And I'll tell you what, their name ain't Audrey!

Here is something that I found in my computer. It goes so perfectly with what the message was at church on Sunday. How easy it is to forget that God is on my side! He is also in control! I need to let go and let God! It's not what I do for Him that counts, but what He has done for me!!!

Here are my Principals of Faith. Enjoy!!!

Beliefs and Attitudes that will Strengthen Your Soul

1. God is worthy to be praised. I will worship Him. Psalms 100:1-6

2. God is faithful. I will persevere and trust Him. Isaiah 12:2

3. God is on my side. He will deliver me. Romans 8:28-31

4. God’s grace is all that I need. I will rely on Him. Romans 5:1-8

5. God keeps His promises. I will keep my promises too. Hebrews 6:10-15

6. God is in control. He knows everything and is protecting me. Isaiah 41:10-13

7. God wants to lead me. It is my choice to listen for His voice, and to follow Him. Isaiah 30:18-21

8. God knows what tomorrow will bring. I will not worry about tomorrow. Jeremiah 29:11-13

9. God has a plan for my life. I will read His Word for direction. Psalms 119:11-16

10. God is always there. I will not fear. John 14:23-27

11. God is good. All the time. Psalms 138

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever: forsake not the work of thine own hands.

1 comment:

  1. Carole is still in your corner, always has been. always will be. Shaken or stirred, she still cares. She'd rather be in the kitchen stealing coffee though. ;-}

    ReplyDelete